Sonntag, 9. März 2014

Priscilla Hernandez - Off the Lane - The Underliving



From album:  The Underliving

© 2011 Priscilla Hernandez
Music and Lyrics by Priscilla Hernandez

Lyrics:
A warning for  a  curious girl...

I got lost off the lane
where the woodlands get dark
and skeleton hands
hang from bare and twisted  branches
swaying in a sinister dance
they swirl, they swirl
knotting their shadows over me spiraling

Call me! Call me from the Dark!
oh I shall find no rest until you come!
Call me! Call me by my name!
that mossy stone
shall never be my grave!

I just followed their trail
into their hidden lair
Oh broken heart
come and  play with us -they said
We can gather all your shards -they sung
Join them so you can feel complete
a whole again
All you must do is to decline
the light of sun

Oh catch me! catch me now!
don't let me fall
into a world I'll never be
I never really was
Tangle me and lift me in your arms
Shelter me and cloak me
with your gnarled dead boughs
now that I'm lost
off the lane

A warning for all curious girls
led astray
A warning for all curious girls
led astray

I should have gone through the long way
You should have gone through the long way
No shortcut is safe

Keine Kommentare: